American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Informal Of or producing a sensation of uneasiness or fear, as of things crawling on one's skin: a creepy feeling; a creepy story.
- adj. Informal Annoyingly unpleasant; repulsive: the creepy kids next door.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Chilled and crawling, as with horror or fear.
- See creepie, creepie.
- adj. producing an uneasy fearful sensation, as of things crawling over one's skin
- adj. strangely repulsive
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. colloq. Crawly; having or producing a sensation like that caused by insects creeping on the skin.
- adj. annoying and unpleasant
- adj. causing a sensation as of things crawling on your skin
- creep + -y (Wiktionary)
“So I know there's been threads regarding creepy men and I can see why a guy might feel insulted or take the term creepy offensively.”
“Even the word creepy comes from the same word as the oldest term for folks like me, the politically incorrect cripple.”
“This is company who's former CEO, Eric Schmidt, described Google's approach this way: ÂThere is what I call the creepy line.”
“This is company who's former CEO, Eric Schmidt, described Google's approach this way: There is what I call the creepy line.”
“The kids are doing what they call creepy crawling.”
“There is what I call the creepy line," he said, according to The Hill.”
“It's really remarkable how often I saw the word 'creepy'" in the survey comments, McKee said.”
“Classmates, relatives and friends were incensed over what they called creepy, insensitive messages about Pilkington, many posted anonymously and also appearing on other Internet sites since her death.”
“That's what I call creepy, spooky feelings like those the reader gets when Inman is up in the isolated deep mountains and you don't know if the Home Guard is about to find him.”
“If only people didn't keep dying horrible deaths in creepy corridors ...”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘creepy’.
words associated with the macabre & horror.
( open list, randomness )
What a -Y does to an otherwise common, dull word
Words that contain "creep".
A complete list of the green cards (adjectives) from the popular word game.
Words that I use regularly and consider mine.
Words that lend to the dark and dreary atmosphere of gothic literature.
words that are mostly fun to say or just lovely
Words I like!
( personal list, favorite words, randomness )
Words from 2009 'Ghosts of Girlfriends Past' film.
this is it
...to my face.
Looking for tweets for creepy.