American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Ready for or needing sleep.
- adj. Sluggish from sleep.
- adj. Inducing sleep.
- adj. Inactive; quiet: a sleepy rural town.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Overcome with sleep; sleeping.
- Inclined to sleep; drowsy.
- Languid; dull; inactive; sluggish.
- Tending to induce sleep; sleep-producing; soporific.
- Decaying internally: said of fruit. See blet, v. i.
- adj. Tired; feeling the need for sleep.
- adj. Suggesting tiredness.
- adj. Tending to induce sleep; soporific.
- adj. dull; lazy; heavy; sluggish
- n. informal The gum that builds up in the eye
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Drowsy; inclined to, or overcome by, sleep.
- adj. Tending to induce sleep; soporiferous; somniferous.
- adj. Dull; lazy; heavy; sluggish.
- adj. Characterized by an absence of watchfulness.
- adj. ready to fall asleep
“This has been an eventful week in sleepy little Lerdo.”
“I'm so sleepy, is this contest still going on, has billary claimed to be the president yet by default?”
“Remember, The generally accepted thing about the tryptophan in turkey making you sleepy is a myth.”
“As a resident of B-o-S, I think you have captured an accurate tale of life in sleepy Burnham.”
“I would be more concerned about her ripping it out all makeshift Tracheotomy-style in sleepy grumpy rage.”
“A few burglaries is hardly a "spree" but a few here in sleepy Wallingford caused one of the town fathers to give a short speech at the recent meeting.”
“And now I'm kinda sleepy, which is good ... twas my intention.”
“Recalling the sleepy countryside surrounding Chaz Braden's estate, he couldn't imagine there being much of a police force there.”
“He called a sleepy crow out of one of the trees around them; it landed on his wrist.”
“The bellboy of the Welcome Hotel has invented an ingenious system of calling sleepy guests.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sleepy’.
A Russian Doll word is a word that, when you remove the first and last letters, is either the empty string, or a Russian Doll word. These are all of the 6 or more letter Russian Doll words found in...
What a -Y does to an otherwise common, dull word
Fun ways to say you're tired
Tired and sleepy words!
Words that I use too often
I am using Mechanical Turk to collect â€œwords of the weekâ€ from 100 different people.
Gestures, poses, and actions involving one or more hands touching the head or near the head. Also words and phrases that bring these to mind.
Looking for tweets for sleepy.