from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
- adj. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
- adj. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
- adj. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
- adj. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.
- n. A stupid or foolish person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lacking in intelligence or exhibiting the quality of having been done by someone lacking in intelligence.
- adj. To the point of stupor.
- adj. Characterized by or in a state of stupor; paralysed.
- adj. Lacking sensation; inanimate; destitute of consciousness; insensate.
- adj. Amazing.
- adj. damn, annoying, darn
- adv. Extremely.
- n. A stupid person; a fool.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Very dull; insensible; senseless; wanting in understanding; heavy; sluggish; in a state of stupor; -- said of persons.
- adj. Resulting from, or evincing, stupidity; formed without skill or genius; dull; heavy; -- said of things.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a state of stupor; having the faculties deadened or dulled; stupefied, either permanently or temporarily; benumbed.
- Lacking ordinary activity of mind; dull in ideas or expression; slow-witted; obtuse; crass.
- Characterized by mental dullness or inanity; witless; senseless; foolish; inane: as, a stupid joke; a stupid book; stupid fears.
- Synonyms Heavy, dull, drowsy, lethargic, comatose, torpid.
- Muddy-brained, muddled.
- Silly, Foolish, etc. (see absurd); flat, tame, humdrum, pointless, prosaic. See list under foolish.
- n. A stupid or humdrum person; a blockhead; a dunce.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. in a state of mental numbness especially as resulting from shock
- adj. lacking or marked by lack of intellectual acuity
- adj. lacking intelligence
- n. a person who is not very bright
Oh, Harvey, stupid, _stupid_ -- the video monitors on the deck -- Ben must have given her a gun, _knowing_ she would someday use it --
I personally * hate hate hate* when I feel like doing stuff that I know is * stupid stupid stupid*.
And you don’t see that much difference between men’s and women’s uniforms in fencing where it would be stupid, *stupid* to leave the body unprotected or the rest of martial arts that don’t hinge on gripping the opponent’s clothes like karate or taekwondo.
Heh…rachel’s comments were so stupid, they infected me and made me misspell ’stupid’.
Being stupid doesn’t mean you deserve to have bad things happen to you, yet often people have no compassion for someone if they can just call that person ’stupid’.
NONE of these fascist dictators have ever put on a uniform. for them to sit and say it was a blow to the military shows how stupid they really are. why would anyone expect ’stupid’ to understand what hekerry was saying. if anyone owes an apology it is this criminal, hypocritical nazi admin. for invading, occupying and murdering thousands of innocent people for their own self interests. and all in the name of OIL.
He has suspensions … I use the term stupid because a lot of suspensions are … every now and then you have to do something stupid to create some space for yourself for other players to be a little hesitant when they come around you.
The term stupid simply meant "think" in the context of you actual remarks, and was aimed at the reader not you.
Nevertheless, since God decided to give humans “free will,” He has been nothing but surprised by the unseemly and His Word stupid way people have used this license to veer from divine sensibilities.
MSNBC viewers take the term "stupid" to a whole new level.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.