from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Unwisely bold or venturesome; rash. See Synonyms at reckless.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Marked by unthinking recklessness with disregard for danger; bold but rash; hotheaded
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Daring without judgment; foolishly adventurous and bold.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bold without judgment or moderation; foolishly rash and venturesome.
- Synonyms Adventurous, Enterprising, Rash, etc. (see adventurous); hot-headed, hare-brained. See rash.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by defiant disregard for danger or consequences
Middle English folhardi, from Old French fol hardi : fol, fool; see fool + hardi, bold; see hardy1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)