American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Causing, intending, or relating to suicide: a suicidal act; suicidal impulses.
- adj. Dangerous to oneself or to one's interests; self-destructive or ruinous: a suicidal corporate takeover strategy.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Partaking or being of the nature of the crime of suicide; suggestive of suicide; leading to suicide: as, suicidal mania; hence, figuratively, destructive of one's aims or interests; self-destructive: as, a suicidal business policy.
- adj. Pertaining to suicide.
- adj. of a person Likely to commit, or to attempt to commit, suicide.
- adj. informal Extremely reckless.
- n. someone suicidal, someone likely to kill themselves
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Partaking of, or of the nature of, the crime or suicide.
- adj. dangerous to yourself or your interests
“The word "ideation" also shows up in the phrase "suicidal ideation," meaning "thinking, often obsessively, about harming yourself.”
“Pichot MH, Auzepy P, Richard C. Acute drug poisoning in suicidal elderly patients 70 years old and over. 92 cases in a medical ICU.”
“After that comes what I call the suicidal phase, where they CAN and WILL try anything and you are constantly on guard against their innocent joy in, for example, electrical cable or toilet brushes.”
“Psychotropic medication changes, polypharmacy, and the risk of early readmission in suicidal adolescent inpatients.”
“Everyone is buying into Hillary's psychopathy but Obama IS going to be the nominee otherwise the Democrats are just plain suicidal (or extremely stupid).”
“The survey showed no spike in suicidal tendencies in New Orleans but did find that half the city's survivors were having nightmares about their experiences, compared with a quarter of all survivors.”
“This striking decrease in suicidal risk appears to flow from a newfound self-confidence in the vast majority of Katrina survivors, the researchers found.”
“You don't have to kill yourself to be engaging in suicidal behavior.”
“Whereas because Beyond Divinity has a bad control scheme that frequently balked my desires, causing my PCs to act in suicidal ways, I considered the characters to be rather dim and not really worth saving.”
“The two months of fog in London are often termed the suicidal months, because of the number of persons who destroy their own lives in those months.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘suicidal’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
of killing or a killer
she's such a joy.
sickness (preferably of the brain)
To describe personality, characteristic, trait, behaviour, quality and attribute of a person.
Looking for tweets for suicidal.