from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Profoundly disappointed; despondent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Very despondent or sorrowful
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Sick at heart; extremely depressed in spirits; very despondent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Sick at heart; deeply afflicted or depressed.
- Indicating or expressive of heart-sickness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. without or almost without hope
- adj. full of sorrow
heart + sick (Wiktionary)