from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a card game
- v. To incline upward so as to appear at the surface.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A game at cards, resembling the modern faro, said to have been invented at Venice.
- adj. Inclined upward.
- n. The edge of a geological stratum at the surface of the ground; the outcrop.
- intransitive v. To incline upward so as to appear at the surface; to crop out.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A game of cards resembling faro, invented in Venice, and popular throughout Europe during the eighteenth century and the latter part of the seventeenth.
- n. In geology and mining, an outcrop.
- In geology and mining, outcropping.
- In geology and mining, to appear at the surface; crop out: said of the edges of strata.
- n. Same as basset-hound.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. smooth-haired breed of hound with short legs and long ears
- v. appear at the surface
From French bassette, from Italian bassetta. (Wiktionary)