from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The upward direction of a vein in a mine.
- n. The emergence of a stratum at the surface.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The upward direction of a vein in a mine; the emergence of a stratum at the surface.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In geology and mining, outcropping.
- n. The cropping out or appearance of rock on the surface of a stratum, or series of strata.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.