from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Produced by the mating of individuals of different breeds, varieties, or species.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Produced by breeding from two breeds, varieties or species.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of crossbreed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Produced by mixing distinct breeds; mongrel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Produced by crossbreeding; bred from different species or varieties; hybrid; mongrel.
- n. In biology, the offspring produced by the crossing of parents which exhibit antagonistic or mutually exclusive characters, such as blackness and whiteness, tall-ness and shortness, which do not blend.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. bred from parents of different varieties or species
Sorry, no etymologies found.