from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having only one parent that is purebred; half-blooded. Used of animals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Half-blooded.
- adj. Imperfectly acquainted with the rules of good-breeding; not well trained.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of mixed breed; mongrel: as, a half-bred dog, horse, etc.
- Imperfectly acquainted with the rules of good breeding.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of animals) having only one purebred parent
Sorry, no etymologies found.