from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Feeling or expressing despondency; dejected.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In low spirits from loss of hope or courage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Marked by despondence; given to despondence; low-spirited
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Losing courage; falling into dejection; depressed; spiritless.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. without or almost without hope
From Latin despondere ("to give up, to abandon"). (Wiktionary)