from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or affected by tides: the tidal maximum; tidal pools; tidal waters.
- adj. Dependent on or scheduled by the time of high tide: a tidal ferry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. relating to tides
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to tides; caused by tides; having tides; periodically rising and falling, or following and ebbing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a tide or the tides; subject to or characterized by a periodical rise and fall or ebb and flow: as, a tidal river; tidal waters; a tidal basin.
- Dependent on the tides: as, a tidal steamer (that is, a steamer the hour of whose departure is regulated by the state of the tide); tidal trains (that is, trains that run in connection with tidal steamers).
- Figuratively, a wide-spread or general manifestation of strong feeling or sentiment: as, a tidal wave of popular indignation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or caused by tides
From tide + -al (Wiktionary)