from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or involving a catastrophe.
- adj. Involving or resulting in substantial, often ruinous medical expense: a catastrophic illness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a catastrophe.
- adj. Disastrous; ruinous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of a pertaining to a catastrophe.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of a catastrophe; cataclysmic.
- Relating to or in conformity with the views of the catastrophists; cataclysmal.
- Subversive in a momentous degree of settled usage or law.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. extremely harmful; bringing physical or financial ruin
Sorry, no etymologies found.