from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to philosophy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to philosophy; versed in, or imbued with, the principles of philosophy; hence, characterizing a philosopher; rational; wise; temperate; calm; cool.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to philosophy, in any sense; based on or in keeping or accordance with philosophy, or the ultimate principles of being, knowledge, or conduct.
- Characteristic of or befitting a philosopher; calm; quiet; cool; temperate: as, philosophic indifference: a philosophic mind.
- Composed, unruffled, serene, tranquil, imperturbable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by the attitude of a philosopher; meeting trouble with level-headed detachment
- adj. of or relating to philosophy or philosophers
philosophy + -ic (Wiktionary)