from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Eager to shed blood.
- adj. Characterized by great carnage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Eager to resort to violence.
- adj. Characterized by massive bloodshed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Eager to shed blood; cruel; sanguinary; murderous; having a bloodlust.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Eager to shed blood; murderous: as, “his bloodthirstie blade,” ; “bloodthirsty lord,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by eagerness to resort to violence and bloodshed
From blood + thirsty. Compare Dutch bloeddorstig ("bloodthirsty"), German blutdürstig ("bloodthirsty"), Danish blodtørstig ("bloodthirsty"), Swedish blodtörstig ("bloodthristy"). (Wiktionary)