from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who eats the flesh of other humans.
- n. An animal that feeds on others of its own kind.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An organism which eats others of its own species, especially a human who eats human flesh.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to cannibals or cannibalism.
- n. A human being that eats human flesh; hence, any that devours its own kind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A human being who eats human flesh; a human man-eater or anthropophagite.
- n. Hence Any animal that eats the flesh of members of its own or kindred species.
- Pertaining to or characteristic of cannibals or cannibalism: as, “cannibal ferocity,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who eats human flesh
It remains to be seen how serious the cannibal is about changing his ways.
My GPS tells me exactly where to turn and when and I love her and I am so heartily sorry for all the times I've suspected that she's trying to leave me for dead on an unpaved road in cannibal territory.
Solomon Kane is deep in cannibal country, when he comes across even worse.
Does the word cannibal, applied to the Caribs of the West India
Does the word cannibal, applied to the Caribs of the West India Islands, belong to the language of this archipelago (that of Haiti)? or must we seek for it in an idiom of
With respect to the etymology of the word cannibal, it seems to me entirely cleared up by the discovery of the journal kept by Columbus during his first voyage of discovery, and of which Bartholomew de las Casas has left us an abridged copy.
Then she introduces two topless and stacked young women she describes as cannibal sisters.
A cannibal is a "gastronome of the old school"; longevity is the "uncommon extension of the fear of death."
ROUEN, France mdash; A French court on Thursday convicted a man dubbed the cannibal of Rouen of killing his cellmate and eating part of the ...
He was best known as a cannibal, but his acts of sadomasochism riveted psychiatrists, too.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.