from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Living by seizing or taking prey; predatory.
- adj. Given to victimizing, plundering, or destroying for one's own gain: "the most vicious, predacious, esurient and desperate elements of this society” ( Claude Brown).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of predaceous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. living by or given to victimizing others for personal gain
- adj. hunting and killing other animals for food
From Latin praedārī, to plunder; see predatory.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)