from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Greedily predacious; voracious or rapacious.
- n. The action of one that ravens.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Voracious and greedy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Eagerness for plunder; rapacity; extortion.
- adj. Greedily devouring; rapacious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Eagerness for plunder; rapacity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. devouring or craving food in great quantities
- adj. excessively greedy and grasping
- adj. living by preying on other animals especially by catching living prey
Present participle of the obsolete verb raven "to prey". (Wiktionary)