from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being rapacious; voracity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being rapacious; rapaciousness; ravenousness
- n. The act or practice of extorting or exacting by oppressive injustice; exorbitant greediness of gain.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being rapacious; the exercise of a rapacious or predaceous disposition; the act or practice of seizing by force, as plunder or prey, or of obtaining by extortion or chicanery, as unjust gains: as, the rapacity of pirates, of usurers, or of wild beasts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. reprehensible acquisitiveness; insatiable desire for wealth (personified as one of the deadly sins)
- n. extreme gluttony
Sorry, no etymologies found.