Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being greedy, especially with reference to the gratification of the animal appetites; hence, specifically, ravenousness; voracity.
- n. Synonyms Gluttony, rapacity, eagerness, avidity. See greed.
- n. The state of being greedy.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality of being greedy; vehement and selfish desire.
- n. an excessive desire for food
- n. an excessive desire for wealth (usually in large amounts)
“The hypocrisy with these groups lies in greediness wrapped with ethos of capitalism or the so called free market!!? belive me there is nothing ln the world called free market.”
“The hypocrisy lies in greediness wrapped with ethos of capitalism.”
“This whole “corp. america” greediness is the root of all evil line is misguided.”
“Accordingly, the vendor used a white variety (a more poisonous variety), then I supposed she would like to earn more (I could not say she is greedy because earning an additional 50.00 pesos a day could not be classified as greediness).”
“A little of that instinctive greediness, which is common to primitive and uncultured man.”
“There was nothing of the idea of greediness that each man knew he himself felt after a fast.”
“The war of classes, which was beginning, sprang not so much from material discomfort of the poor, as from what unsympathetic annalists called their greediness, their pride, and their wantonness.”
“Lawless insolence, and wanton caprice" [Trench]. to work all uncleanness -- The Greek implies, "with a deliberate view to the working (as if it were their work or business, not a mere accidental fall into sin) of uncleanness of every kind." with greediness -- Greek, "in greediness.”
“St. Augustin calls the greediness of his youth a crime.”
“This might translate into material greediness, which is what we usually understand 'greed' to mean.”
‘greediness’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for greediness.