from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being greedy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being greedy; vehement and selfish desire.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being greedy, especially with reference to the gratification of the animal appetites; hence, specifically, ravenousness; voracity.
- n. Synonyms Gluttony, rapacity, eagerness, avidity. See greed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an excessive desire for food
- n. an excessive desire for wealth (usually in large amounts)
Sorry, no etymologies found.