from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of being sordid.
- n. The result or product of being sordid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being sordid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being sordid.
- n. Baseness; vileness; depravity.
- n. Mean, mercenary selfishness or covetousness: as, the sordidness of gambling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. unworthiness by virtue of lacking higher values
- n. sordid dirtiness
From sordid + -ness (Wiktionary)