from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Excess in eating or drinking.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The vice of eating to excess.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Excess in eating; extravagant indulgence of the appetite for food; voracity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Excess in eating, or in eating and drinking; extravagant indulgence of the appetite for food; voracity; luxury of the table.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. habitual eating to excess
- n. eating to excess (personified as one of the deadly sins)
Old French glutonie, from gloton + -ie < Latin gluto. (Wiktionary)