from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A beating, thrashing, or spanking.
- n. Slang A severe loss or defeat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A severe beating.
- n. A great loss or defeat.
- v. Present participle of lick.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A lapping with the tongue.
- n. A flogging or castigation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of one who licks.
- n. A beating; a thrashing.
- n. The adhesion of textile fibers (cotton) to any surface in the process of manufacture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an unsuccessful ending to a struggle or contest
- n. the act of inflicting corporal punishment with repeated blows
Sorry, no etymologies found.