from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of subjugating.
- n. The state of being subjugated; forced control by others.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of subjugating, or the state of being subjugated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of subjugating, or the state of being subjugated; subjection.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of subjugating by cruelty
- n. the act of conquering
- n. forced submission to control by others
From New Latin subiugatio, from Latin subiugare ("to subiugate"); see subjugate. (Wiktionary)