from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The unjust assumption of rights or privilege.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of arrogating, or making exorbitant claims; the act of taking more than one is justly entitled to.
- n. Adoption of a person of full age.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of arrogating, or making unjust or unwarrantable claims or demands; the act of taking more than one is justly entitled to.
- n. In Roman law, same as adrogation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. seizure by the government
Sorry, no etymologies found.