from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of establishing a colony or colonies.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of establishing a colony.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of colonizing, or the state of being colonized; the formation of a colony or colonies.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of colonizing.
- n. The state of being colonized. Specifically
- n. In United States history, the assisted emigration of free negroes to Africa for the formation of colonies there. See colonizationist.
- n. The settling of men temporarily in a voting-precinct in order to vote at an election.
- n. Also colonisation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of colonizing; the establishment of colonies
Sorry, no etymologies found.