from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of settle.
- n. Dregs; sediment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of one who, or that which, settles; the act of establishing one's self, of colonizing, subsiding, adjusting, etc.
- n. That which settles at the bottom of a liquid; lees; dregs; sediment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of one who or that which settles, in any sense of that word.
- n. plural Lees; dregs; sediment.
- n. Reconciliation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a gradual sinking to a lower level
Sorry, no etymologies found.