from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The sediment settled at the bottom of a liquid; the lees in a container of unfiltered wine.
- n. The worst and lowest part of something.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- The sediment of liquors; lees; grounds; feculence; any foreign matter of liquors that subsides to the bottom of a vessel containing them.
- Waste or worthless matter; dross; sweepings; refuse; hence, what is most vile and worthless: as, the dregs of society.
- Solid impurities found in raw fats. W. L. Carpenter, Soap and Candles, p. 83
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. sediment that has settled at the bottom of a liquid
From Old Norse dregg ("sediment") (Wiktionary)