from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A taste persisting in the mouth after the substance that caused it is no longer present.
- n. A feeling that remains after an event or experience, especially one that was unpleasant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A taste of something that persists when it is no longer present.
- n. The persistence of the taste of something no longer present.
- n. Of wine, finish.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A taste which remains in the mouth after eating or drinking.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A gustatory sensation which persists after the stimulus that originally excited it has ceased to act.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an afterimage of a taste
From after + taste (Wiktionary)