from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A second growth, seen in plants like crops or timber after harvesting.
- n. Any abstraction of the above.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A second growth or crop, or (metaphorically) development.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A second growth or crop springing up after a previous one has been removed; hence, any development naturally arising after any change, social or moral.
- n. In forestry, young trees which spring up as the result of reproduction-cuttings.
after- + growth (Wiktionary)