American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A sensory impression, such as an afterimage or aftertaste, that persists after the stimulus has ceased.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In psychology: An after-image.
- n. A secondary or consequent sensation: as, the after-sensation of pain which follows the sensation of pressure when the skin is lightly tapped with a needle.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Psychol.) A sensation or sense impression following the removal of a stimulus producing a primary sensation, and reproducing the primary sensation in positive, negative, or complementary form. The aftersensation may be continuous with the primary sensation or follow it after an interval.
- n. an image (usually a negative image) that persists after stimulation has ceased
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘aftersensation’.
Looking for tweets for aftersensation.