from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An effect following its cause after some delay, especially a delayed or prolonged physiological or psychological response to a stimulus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any delayed effect; an effect which is not immediately manifested.
- n. A term used for by recreational dextromethorphan users, meaning hung over. The period of time after a self-induced "high" has worn off, but there is still altered vision and awareness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any result that follows its cause after an interval
- n. a delayed effect of a drug or therapy
Sorry, no etymologies found.