from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the property of being invariant
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The property of remaining invariable under prescribed or implied conditions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In mathematics, the essential character of invariants; persistence after linear transformation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the nature of a quantity or property or function that remains unchanged when a given transformation is applied to it
- n. the quality of being resistant to variation
Sorry, no etymologies found.