from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of having or being formed by an intention.
- n. Philosophy The property of being about or directed toward a subject, as inherent in conscious states, beliefs, or creations of the mind, such as sentences or books.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The defining characteristic of the mental state of a person when deliberating about an intention.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being intentional; purpose; design.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character or fact of being intentional; designedness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. expressive of intentions
Sorry, no etymologies found.