from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The awareness of the self as an entity.
- n. Shyness. A feeling of unease in social situations.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being self-conscious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In philosophy, the act or state of being aware of one's self.
- n. An instinctive idea of a self, or element of cognition, subject to correction or amplification, and thus distinguished from objective reality.
- n. An acquired knowledge of a self as a center of motives.
- n. A state of being self-conscious; the feeling of being under the observation of others.
- n. Synonyms Pride, Egotism, Vanity, etc. See egotism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. embarrassment deriving from the feeling that others are critically aware of you
- n. self-awareness plus the additional realization that others are similarly aware of you
Sorry, no etymologies found.