from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being shy; a fear of social interactions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being shy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or state of being shy; especially, a shrinking from familiarity or conspicuousness; diffidence; lack of self-assertiveness.
- n. Synonyms Diffidence, Coyness, etc. See bashfulness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a feeling of fear of embarrassment
shy + -ness (Wiktionary)