American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Reluctance or an inability to make up one's mind; irresolution.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Waut of decision; vacillation of purpose; irresolution.
- n. Synonyms Irresolution, etc. (see decision); vacillation, hesitation, uncertainty.
- n. The inability to decide on a course of action, especially if two or more possibilities exist.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Lack of decision; lack of settled purpose, or of firmness; indetermination; wavering of mind; irresolution; vacillation; hesitation.
- n. doubt concerning two or more possible alternatives or courses of action
- n. the trait of irresolution; a lack of firmness of character or purpose
- From French indécision. (Wiktionary)
“What the Don says about Obama's indecision is true, but the reason why it is true is because of the fickle nature of his democratic collegues. ray”
“Sandy paused in indecision, till suddenly the fact that he was”
“She paused in indecision, neither seeing nor being seen.”
“The CIA character "begs for the green light to capture or kill the al Qaeda chieftain, but the line goes dead, suggesting that Berger and his colleagues, including Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright and Defense Secretary William S. Cohen, frozen in indecision, had hung up on the CIA man.”
“It makes it sound like indecision is an exceptional circumstance, when it may in fact be quite commonplace.”
“Actually, I think this indecision is part of the game of much strange fiction.”
“Hovering with indecision is common as Clarice Lispector plays out authorial thoughts mediated through her narrator and all in front of her reader.”
“Or, would they perhaps have wrung their hands in indecision like a smartly bearded and soft-handed political science professor about whether or not the "chase" was fair to the deer or whether they were obligated to intervene in the certain death of the deer in this situation like others in this forum?”
“And this indecision is conveyed in the equivocations and qualifications of the narrative voice.”
“Sandy paused in indecision, till suddenly the fact that he was Langham's ` man 'dawned upon him.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘indecision’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
Some words of from XTC songs that I like or for some reason stand out. That and a dollar will get you a ride on the bus.
I like words.
Looking for tweets for indecision.