from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act, process, or function of supervising. See Synonyms at care.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act or instance of supervising.
- n. Responsible oversight.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of overseeing; inspection; superintendence; oversight.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of supervising or overseeing; oversight; superintendence; direction: as, to have the supervision of a coalmine; police supervision.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. management by overseeing the performance or operation of a person or group
From Latin supervisiō (Wiktionary)