from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of revising.
- n. A revised or new version, as of a book or other written material.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of revising:
- n. A changed edition, or new version; a modification.
- n. A story corrected or expanded by a writer commissioned by the original author.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of revising; reëxamination for correction; review
- n. That which is made by revising.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of revising; reëxamination and correction: as, the revision of statistics; the revision of a book, of a creed, etc.
- n. That which is revised; a revised edition or version; specifically [capitalized], the revised English version of the Bible.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of rewriting something
- n. something that has been written again
- n. the act of revising or altering (involving reconsideration and modification)
From revise + -ion. (Wiktionary)