American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act or process of revising.
- n. A revised or new version, as of a book or other written material.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of revising; reëxamination and correction: as, the revision of statistics; the revision of a book, of a creed, etc.
- n. That which is revised; a revised edition or version; specifically [capitalized], the revised English version of the Bible.
- n. uncountable The process of revising:
- n. countable A changed edition, or new version; a modification.
- n. countable A story corrected or expanded by a writer commissioned by the original author.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of revising; reëxamination for correction; review.
- n. That which is made by revising.
- n. the act of rewriting something
- n. something that has been written again
- n. the act of revising or altering (involving reconsideration and modification)
- From revise + -ion. (Wiktionary)
“The label revision applied to both Alli, sold over the counter, and Xenical, the prescription form.”
“Biotech analyst Joel Sendek said the label revision for recently approved Cubicin, a treatment for a certain type of staph infection, is "not as good as it appears to be," in a report sent to clients on Wednesday.”
“One more revision is incoming, and I did a readthrough of every single word of House Name because at this point, I need it.”
“I myself am finding the uselessness of word counts in revision to be positively restful.”
“The revision is utterly meaningless and one can only hope it is as transparently meaningless to the decent citizens of the republic as it is to the racists at whom the governor is winking.”
“And at first, I thought you were really asking how long it takes to write a good novel – and I was going to say a long time, especially because revision is going to take a while.”
“The revision is not expected to jeopardize the budget deficit targets for 2010 by any significant amount, nor the goals set for 2011," the person added.”
“The German chancellor, who had been hoping for a wholesale treaty revision, is expected to secure, at best, a change under a process known as the simplified revision procedure.”
“How much of your time is spent writing the first draft, and how much time is spent in revision?”
“I fear that workshops like Clarion tend to focus on getting you to write a lot of first drafts of stories, but not so much on how to revise those drafts properly; and revision is a skill unto itself, probably the most critical skill of all.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘revision’.
A list of words which yield surprising, beautiful, amusing, or otherwise noteworthy images here on Wordnik.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
Use these and get promoted
announcement of c..., campaign headquar..., campaign season, campaign staff, campaign strategy, campaign tactic, campaign team, campaign trail, campaigning, candidate, candidate registr..., caucus and 930 more...
random webdev lingo used primarily in computer programming.
( open list, randomness, technical jargon, geek speak )
ajax, user, admin, frontend, backend, database, sql, protocol, call, dom, layout, ui and 440 more...
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
TOEFL iBT - 1500 Academic Words
This is a list of academic words for students learning English as a Second or Foreign Language. It includes 570 word families that often appear in academic texts. It does not include words that are...
visions of witfulness and vision - a wise guise
Words I like!
( personal list, favorite words, randomness )
ways to talk about words
District's Language Arts Design Map
Looking for tweets for revision.