from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A second or new birth; reincarnation.
- n. A renaissance; a revival: a rebirth of classicism in architecture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Reincarnation; new birth subsequent to one's first.
- n. Revival, reinvigoration.
- n. Spiritual renewal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Renewed birth; a repeated birth into temporal existence, as of a soul, according to the doctrine of metempsychosis; a new entrance into a living form: now oftener called reincarnation.
- n. Renewed life or activity; entrance into a new course or phase of existence; reanimation; resuscitation; renascence; regeneration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the revival of learning and culture
- n. after death the soul begins a new cycle of existence in another human body
- n. a spiritual enlightenment causing a person to lead a new life
- n. a second or new birth
re- + birth (Wiktionary)