from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Return or reversion to a certain state.
- n. The instance of recurring; frequent occurrence.
- n. A return of symptoms as part of the natural progress of a disease.
- n. Recourse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of recurring, or state of being recurrent; return; resort; recourse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of recurring, or the state of being recurrent; return.
- n. Resort; the having recourse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. happening again (especially at regular intervals)
recurrent + -ence, cognate with Latin recurrentia, from recurrens (recurrēns, "returning back, recurring"). (Wiktionary)