from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Rebirth of the soul in another body.
- n. A reappearance or revitalization in another form; a new embodiment: "The brownstone had already endured one reincarnation: In the 1940's, it was converted into eight studio apartments” ( Ben Lloyd).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A rebirth of a mental capacity, such as a soul, in a physical life form, such as a body
- n. The idea of such a rebirth, a specific belief or doctrine on how such a rebirth occurs
- n. A fresh embodiment
- n. A new, considerably improved, version
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or state of being incarnated anew; a repeated incarnation; a new embodiment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. embodiment in a new form (especially the reappearance or a person in another form)
- n. a second or new birth
- n. the Hindu or Buddhist doctrine that a person may be reborn successively into one of five classes of living beings (god or human or animal or hungry ghost or denizen of Hell) depending on the person's own actions
From reincarnate + -ion (Wiktionary)