American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To sound back or reverberate.
- v. To echo back; repeat. See Synonyms at echo.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To echo back; sound back or reverberate again.
- To echo back; return; send back: repeat; reverberate again: as, the hills reëcho the roar of cannon.
- n. The echo of an echo; a second or repeated echo.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To echo back; to reverberate again.
- v. To give echoes; to return back, or be reverberated, as an echo; to resound; to be resonant.
- n. The echo of an echo; a repeated or second echo.
- n. the echo of an echo
- v. echo repeatedly, echo again and again
- v. repeat back like an echo
- v. repeat or return an echo again or repeatedly; send (an echo) back
“Jonathan, Angles and Yankees, all reecho the fact.”
“I will say only now that they did prevent it, they did stop the Storms and have made it so that they will not reecho at some later time, and that the result of this was to change all the magic as we knew it.”
“He frowned into the distance again, all the parallel lines of that high forehead seeming to echo and reecho his speculations and his grief.”
“It seemed to echo and reecho for a long time before I shut it off.”
“As if to reecho Collier's sentiments, Sullivan got up and demanded that”
“Poets are sweetest when they reecho its whisperings; orators are most potent when they thrill its chords to music.”
“The woods reecho with their wild screams and the weird ululations of the battle cry.”
“His intimates noticed that he would reecho a story -- a simile or a tag -- and so neatly apply it that it seemed fresh on the second use.”
“A fruitless struggle ensued, and at length, seeming to accommodate himself to circumstances, he set off at a sharp trot, his guards making the air reecho with their merry shouts.”
“It was a load that would echo and reecho in the hills.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘reecho’.
List of verbs that begin with re-, meaning to repeat a specific action or process - reappraise, for example.
I'm also looking for words like repeat, replenish and rescind whose roots d...
Looking for tweets for reecho.