from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of quantifying
- n. the expression of an economic activity in monetary units
- n. a limitation that is imposed on the variables of a proposition
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Modification by a reference to quantity; the introduction of the element of quantity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of attaching quantity to anything: as, the quantification of the predicate.
- n. The act of determining the quantity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a limitation imposed on the variables of a proposition (as by the quantifiers `some' or `all' or `no')
- n. the act of discovering or expressing the quantity of something
Coined by Scottish philosopher Sir William Hamilton. "quantification of the predicate" (Wiktionary)