American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The practice or act of capitalizing.
- n. The sum that results from capitalizing.
- n. The amounts and types of long-term financing used by a firm, including common stock, preferred stock, retained earnings, and long-term debt.
- n. The total par value or stated value of no-par capital stock issues.
- n. The use of capital letters in writing or printing.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The use of capital letters at the beginning of words in writing or printing. Also spelled capitalisation.
- n. The act of capitalizing. The application of wealth as capital, especially in large amounts, to the purposes of trade, manufactures, etc.
- n. The act of computing or realizing the present value of a periodical payment. Conversion into capital: as, the creditors consented to the capitalization of half their claims. Also spelled capitalisation.
- n. North America Alternative form of capitalisation.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act or process of capitalizing.
- n. the act of capitalizing on an opportunity
- n. an estimation of the value of a business
- n. the sale of capital stock
- n. writing in capital letters
- capitalize + -ation. (Wiktionary)
“But the crucial difficulty, I suspect, was a lack of long-term capitalization, which is to say, investment by deep-pocketed liberal supporters.”
“Tax protesters are fond of pointing out that the 16th Amendment as ratified by the various states was not perfectly uniform in capitalization and punctuation practices, the Secretary of State found that none of these variations materially affected the meaning of the Amendment and certified it.”
“In “Our Forgotten Constitution: A Bicentennial Comment,” 97 Yale L.J. 281 (1987), Akhil Amar shows that the printed copy of the Constitution that was distributed to the states for ratification, differed in punctuation, spelling and capitalization from the engrossed (handwritten) parchment signed by the delegates to the Convention in Philadelphia, which is the version now enshrined in the National Archives.”
“Latto: In “Our Forgotten Constitution: A Bicentennial Comment,” 97 Yale L.J. 281 (1987), Akhil Amar shows that the printed copy of the Constitution that was distributed to the states for ratification, differed in punctuation, spelling and capitalization from the engrossed (handwritten) parchment signed by the delegates to the Convention in Philadelphia, which is the version now enshrined in the National Archives.”
“Extending your pinkie finger and hitting that “Shift” key, resulting in capitalization of the first letter of a sentence. again, and thank you for another fine example of your pathetic deductive reasoning skills.”
“Also, the planned capital increase, which amounts to more than 15% of BBVA's € 33 billion market capitalization, is a reason for concern, analysts say.”
“The planned capital increase, which amounts to more than 15% of BBVA's € 33 billion market capitalization, is a reason for concern, analysts say.”
“Each announcement of a record hot year causes energy stocks across the board drop by 3% (which, given the size of their market capitalization, is a huge loss of value).”
“The market capitalization is expected to be about 5.8 billion ringgit.”
“So the first step could be to use the “stress test” to prove that capitalization is so low that the government can replace management.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘capitalization’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Terms from the fields of terminology, lexicography, lexicology and corpus linguistics
The vocabulary of scientific paper submission
John and I have been talking a lot, recently, about this huge change for Wordie. We agreed that itâ€™s OK to have a free space for word lovers, but itâ€™s much cooler to make money out of it. And a...
bulk add, more characters, even more targete..., more search buttons, always be right, your words, liter..., optional listhack..., wordie for iphone, wordie meets myspace, you count more th..., extra-slanty italics, bleep icon and 87 more...
My ambition is to build a list with the names for
1. ALL types of word formation
2. the words put together by 1.
using a strict definition: e.g. "antonym", "aptronym" "palindrom...
Words used in real estate development, a glossary for the accelerated master's of real estate development program at ASU.
Looking for tweets for capitalization.