from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The practice or act of capitalizing.
- n. The sum that results from capitalizing.
- n. The amounts and types of long-term financing used by a firm, including common stock, preferred stock, retained earnings, and long-term debt.
- n. The total par value or stated value of no-par capital stock issues.
- n. The use of capital letters in writing or printing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of capitalisation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of capitalizing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The use of capital letters at the beginning of words in writing or printing. Also spelled capitalisation.
- n. The act of capitalizing.
- n. The act of computing or realizing the present value of a periodical payment. Conversion into capital: as, the creditors consented to the capitalization of half their claims. Also spelled capitalisation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of capitalizing on an opportunity
- n. an estimation of the value of a business
- n. the sale of capital stock
- n. writing in capital letters
capitalize + -ation. (Wiktionary)