American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act of plotting.
- n. A crafty scheme or cunning design for the accomplishment of a sinister end.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of machinating, or of contriving a scheme for executing some purpose, particularly a forbidden or an evil purpose; underhand plotting or contrivance.
- n. That which is planned or contrived; a plot; an artful design formed with deliberation; especially, a hostile or treacherous scheme.
- n. A clever scheme or artful plot, usually crafted for evil purposes.
- n. The act of machinating or plotting.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of machinating.
- n. That which is devised; a device; a hostile or treacherous scheme; an artful design or plot.
- n. a crafty and involved plot to achieve your (usually sinister) ends
- From Latin machinatio, from machinari ("to contrive"); see machinate. (Wiktionary)
“And they should expect more of this kind of machination from the Republicans.”
“Retired general Valentin Varennikov, a onetime coup plotter against Gorbachev, says that "only some machination can keep us from power.”
“They do not want to get caught up in a machination of U.S.”
“Take, for example, the machination of the body that is pornography.”
“It was Galen who had discovered fragments of four-billion-year-old genetic code contained within the DNA of dozens of humanoid species throughout the quadrant, and his research eventually had revealed this commonality to be a deliberate machination, left by an ancient and now-extinct humanoid civilization.”
“It operates in a way that there is this big machine that Chancellor Palpatine later the Emperor gets control of and though there are people using the democracy as best they can, Padme and Bail Organa, there is this whole other machination of greed going on.”
“Please explain to Alan Blinder that it is not the breach of an arbitrary government machination like the "debt ceiling" that will serve as the trigger for a default.”
“Up until the sword rose, I was sure Ned would get out in a Batman/Bond-esque machination.”
“This machination of the self in terms of identity needs to be recognized as a regime of subjectification of recent origin, Nikolas Rose, Inventing Our Selves: Psychology, Power, and Personhood Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1996, 39.”
“She said, across this mountainous land Kyrgyz people "without pressure, without dictates, without any kind of run-around or machination, voted for those parties which they consider to be the strongest.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘machination’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
These come from gamma meditation ,I think.
all your words are belong to me.
Noteworthy, but why?
My list of words.
List of most of the words I've learned
Looking for tweets for machination.