from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See subplot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A subplot; a plot that is not the main plot of a story.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A series of events in a play, proceeding collaterally with the main story, and subservient to it.
- n. A clandestine scheme; a trick.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plot subordinate to another plot, as in a play or a novel.
- n. An underhand scheme; a trick.
under- + plot (Wiktionary)