from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of conglomerating.
- n. The state of being conglomerated.
- n. An accumulation of miscellaneous things.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which consists of many previously separate parts.
- n. An instance of conglomerating, a coming together of separate parts.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of gathering into a mass; the state of being thus collected; collection; accumulation.
- n. That which is conglomerated; a mixed mass; a hodgepodge.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of gathering into a ball or mass; the state of being thus gathered; collection; accumulation.
- n. That which is conglomerated or collected into a mass; a mixed or incongruous mass of any form; a mixture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an occurrence combining miscellaneous things into a (more or less) rounded mass
- n. a rounded spherical form
- n. a sum total of many heterogenous things taken together
Sorry, no etymologies found.