American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A collection or mixture of unrelated things; a hodgepodge.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hotchpotch; a medley.
- n. A collection containing a variety of miscellaneous things
- v. transitive To mix together, especially in a confused way.
- v. intransitive To become mixed together.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A hodgepodge or hotchpotch; a confused jumble.
- n. a motley assortment of things
- From Old English as reduplication of “mash” (Wiktionary)
- Middle English misse-masche, probably reduplication of mash, soft mixture; see mash. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“That is, it isn't a system (sorry Jan) the multimodal mishmash is wasteful in nearly every way.”
“This whole photography drawn thing mishmash is messing with my head.”
“There's more clarity at the two extremes and the mishmash is in the middle," Keysar adds.”
“Really nice of you, mishmash is very true, Thank you for supporting the newbies. sharmi”
“Nettop, stands for the word mishmash of interNET and deskTOP.”
“The mishmash is bursting with movies this week, but I’ll have to be brief.”
“It’s a mishmash is what it is, created by Allan Ball of Six Feet Under and co-produced by Supernatural’s Raelle Tucker, it’s all tied together with that pay cable twist which means it can get totally raunchy and still air in primetime.”
Thou Shalt Not Crave Thy Neighbor: True Blood : SF Universe - SF Universe is your Science Fiction central. From SciFi television to movies to books and more. All the latest news, reviews and insights from SciFi experts.
“So, what we have right now is a mishmash, which is being offered up as reform.”
“[This week’s cover article] on whether Charlottesville is “Southern,” is stupid and has what can charitably be described as a mishmash of quotations on our town.”
“Cresson Township engineer Rich Wray said the project will replace 2-inch galvanized pipe that he described as a "mishmash," in an area along Admiral Peary Highway west of Sheetz.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘mishmash’.
Go for it, brothers and sisters! I personally have been suffering long for lack of an open reduplicatives list
Things that sound edible but are not (usually). See Liberty's To Eat, or Not to Eat? for more diet food.
A list of bejumble and minglement.
Fun words my friend loves and others I introduced to him.
Words that indicate meaningless, confusing or deceptive talk.
mostly from magoosh
Vocabulary building for my quest of GRE 2013
Reduplicatives and more.
just the next words that come along
Looking for tweets for mishmash.