from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A collection of various items, parts, or ingredients, especially one composed of diverse literary works.
- n. A publication containing various literary works.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Miscellaneous items
- n. A collection of writings on various subjects or topics; an anthology.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mass or mixture of various things; a medley; esp., a collection of compositions on various subjects.
- adj. Miscellaneous; heterogeneous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Miscellaneous; diversified
- n. A mixture of various kinds; a combination of diverse objects, parts, or elements.
- n. A diversified literary collection; a book or periodical publication containing compositions on various subjects.
- n. Synonyms See mixture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a collection containing a variety of sorts of things
- n. an anthology of short literary pieces and poems and ballads etc.
Latin miscellānea, miscellanea; see miscellanea.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin miscellus ("mixed"), from misceō ("to mix"). (Wiktionary)